I am Zurab Kapanadze – oncologist, onco-surgeon and specialist in pain management and palliative care from Georgia. I can not even remember at what age I wanted to be a doctor, maybe this desire has been following me from the very childhood, from the moment I started to think. At first,I had a great interest in all living things, then it became more tangible all around me: I started collecting various insects and creating a collection just like I was taught in zoology lessons. Afterwards, I started studying biology at school and perceiving the human body and I realized how unknown and at the same time how interesting the world was around me. Then there was medical college and university which left an incredible impression on me and my interest in medicine became more refined, purposeful.
In 2005, when the first hospice was established in our country with the support of the European health care system (the project was funded by the Federal Republic of Germany), I had the opportunity to volunteer as a medical student and then work as a nurse there.It was the first step in real medicine. Since then it has become my profession and way of my life to help incurable patients, alleviate their suffering and pain.Then I became a surgeon oncologist and clinical oncologist, although I have never stopped working in palliative medicine: I am currently the head of the palliative department of Clinic LifeMed where I work with my team every day to improve the quality of life of patients and alleviate their suffering.The opportunity of participating in this seminar, which was given to me by your good will, will help in deepening my knowledge and experience. thank you!
- Surgical Oncologist in LTD “Institute of clinical onkology “
- Head of department in LTD “Clinic Lifemed”
- Invited Lecturer in “ Evropian University”
- Member of Europian society for Medical Oncology ( ESMO)
- Member of Europian school of Oncology ( ESO )
- Participant 2 nd International Symposium for the implementation of international standards of palliative care , Tbilisi, Georgia
Education / Honors
- Tbilisi State Medical University , Tbilisi, Georgia ( MD)
- Kharkov Medical Academy of postgraduate Education, Kharkov, Ukraine ( Surgical Oncologist)
- Tbilisi State University, Tbilisi, Georgia ( Palliative care specialist )
- Tbilisi State Medical University , Tbilisi, Georgia (Clinical Oncologist)
Please Leave a Review or Suggestion