During her three years of practicing medicine as a hospitalist, Yara had always enjoyed having goal-of-care discussions when caring for patients with advance illnesses, she enjoyed learning about the hopes and worries of each of her patients and helping them reach their goals. Yara felt that joining hospice and palliative medicine would allow her to focus on these aspects of patient care and provide her with all the necessary tools to deliver the best care for patients during their most difficult journey.
Yara has a strong passion for CrossFit and dancing. She structures her strength and cardio sessions throughout the week to optimize a balance between her work-life schedule. She has developed a love for ballroom and Latin dance for many years now, constantly trying to learn even more styles.
- MedOne Hospital Physicians, Columbus, Ohio, August 2018 – July 2021
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship, OhioHealth, Columbus, Ohio, 2021-2022
- Certified, American Board of Internal Medicine, 2018
- Ascension St. John Hospital, Internal Medicine Residency, Detroit, Michigan, 2015-2018
- Faculty of Medicine, Damascus University, Damascus, Syria, 2005-2011
Please Leave a Review or Suggestion