Head, Dept. of Infectious Diseases
Haiphong Medical University, Haiphong City, Vietnam
Dr. Thuy Bui Thi Bich is the Head of Infectious Diseases Department at Haiphong Medical University, Haiphong City, Vietnam. On May 15, 2010, she successfully launched the e-learning in Palliative Care, which she had developed, at Hai Phong Medical University. She provides palliative care for HIV/AIDS patients who come in to the Department of Infectious Disease at Vietnamese – Czech General Hospital and on July 6, 2011, she held the opening ceremony at Vietnamese – Czech General Hospital of the Palliative Care Unit for people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWH).
- Visiting lecturer for Ministry of Health on HIV/AIDS Palliative Care throughout Vietnam.
- Technical Assistant for Palliative Care and HIV/AIDS for physicians and nurses working with AIDS outpatient clinics throughout Vietnam.
- The first Director of Palliative Care Unit in Haiphong city, Vietnam, 2011
- Deputy of Infectious Diseases Department at Vietnamese – Czech General Hospital in Haiphong City
Education / Honors
- Leader, International Palliative Care Leadership Development Initiative, The Institute for Palliative Medicine at San Diego Hospice, San Diego, CA, USA, 2010-2011
- International Fellow in Palliative Medicine, National Cancer Centre, Singapore, 2007-2008
- One of the first physicians from Vietnam specially trained for HIV/AIDS through the Palliative Care Training Courses by VCHAP (Vietnam – CDC- Harvard Medical School AIDS partnership), 2007
- Awarded the OSI-IAPAS International Fellowship in HIV/AIDS Palliative Care for “Pain Management in Intravenous Drug Using HIV – Positive Patients”, 2005-2006
- Post-graduated diploma level II, Infectious Diseases, Hanoi Medical University, 1997
- Post-graduated diploma level I, Infectious Diseases, Hanoi Medical University, 1987
- Graduate, Internal Medicine, Hanoi Medical University, 1981
- Assessment the Palliative Care Status & Building the Palliative Care Model in Haiphong City, Vietnam, 2009
Assessment Psychological Support for HIV/AIDS Patients in Haiphong City, 2008