Sydni N. Howard believes the key to success lies in the details; any detail whether it be business, personal or fashion. She has a passion for community work focusing on educating youth on self-esteem and college preparation. As a child, Sydni dreamed of being a lawyer and impacting people’s lives by focusing on civil rights. Never did she imagine creating global health education, focused on hospice and palliative care. Now, after caring for her mother through her cancer journey and having learned so much about health and healthcare at end of life, Sydni is extremely enthusiastic about educating everyone she encounters about the importance of preparing oneself and family regarding final wishes.
Sydni is currently the Director for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Central Ohio Primary Care. Her diverse career in healthcare led her to this position because she believes in making the healthcare environment more reflective and accessible to all.
Outside of work Sydni enjoys cooking, bowling, hosting family and friends for game nights, watching jeopardy and learning the new word of the day!
- HPM Medical Education Project Manager, OhioHealth Columbus, Ohio, 2018-2021
- Sr. Performance Improvement Analyst, Wake Forest Baptist Health, Winston-Salem, NC, 2016-2018
- Project Management & Leadership Facilitator, Mercer College Macon, GA 2017-2019
- Assistant Director College Testing Services, Columbus State, Columbus, OH 2013-2015
- COO, Helping Other People Evolve (H.O.P.E.), Columbus, OH 2008-2012
- Project Manager for Palliative Care Interdisciplinary Curriculum (PCIC), working with teams of physicians and health professional worldwide to create and translate PCIC curriculum.
- Provided guidance and oversight for education of the HPM fellowship program at OhioHealth, OSU Wexner Medical Center and Nationwide Children’s.
- Led Project to reduce front end denials, resulting a $220 Million reduction
- Mentoring Trio students on College Preparation and Self-Confidence
Education / Honors
- Diversity First Certified Diversity Practitioner, National Diversity Council, 2021
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Wake Forest Baptist Health, 2017
- Master of Business Administration, Ashland University, 2004
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, The Ohio State University, 2002
- Importance and Value of Hospice and Palliative Care for the Community, PCIC, 2021
Select Refereed Conference Proceedings
- Improving the Experience of Palliative Education by Incorporating Reflection. Ferris F, Graham S, Dean-Haidet K, Geiger J, Howard S. Workshop Presented at International Cancer Education Conference Virtual 2021 Oct.