Sara Graham never would have guessed when she started medicine that she would end up specializing in palliative medicine. What started as a love for pediatrics and caring for young patients progressed over her education to a love of caring for everyone, especially the elderly and patients nearing the end of their life. She prides herself in caring for the whole patient, using her osteopathic and acupuncture training to provide care based on the biopsychosocial model of care.
Sara became enthralled with teaching during her fellowship experience when she began mentoring and teaching residents. Since then, teaching has been a large portion of her career. From core faculty initially, she has progressed to the fellowship director at OhioHealth’s Hospice and Palliative Fellowship Program.
Sara performs self-care the best way she knows how-by running, working out, cuddling with her little ones, and making wire-wrapped jewelry. She lives in Hilliard with her mother, husband, and two rambunctious children.
- Program Director, Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship, OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital
- Co-Director Medical Student and Resident Education
- Faculty for Palliative Care Interdisciplinary Curriculum
- Taste of Palliative Medicine Course
- Hospice and Palliative Fellowship Director at OhioHealth
Education / Honors
- Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathy
- Family Medicine Resident, Firelands Regional Medical Center
- Geriatric Fellowship, Summa Health System
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship, Summa Health System
- Medical Acupuncture for Physicians, Helms Medical Institute
- Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, Centers for Osteopathic Research and Education Academic Physicians Certificate Program
Please Leave a Review or Suggestion