Dr. Raghu S Thota is particularly interested in Pain management (pharmacological & Interventional), Advanced care planning, Acute palliative management and Research strategies to grow palliative care clinicians and leaders, and advance palliative care globally.
- Founder President of the Society of Integrated Pain and Palliative Care (SIPP), since 2021
- Founder Secretary of Society of OncoAnaesthesia and Perioperative Care (SOAPC), since 2018.
- Author of the first Indian Cancer Pain Management Guidelines
Education / Honors
- Member of the National Academy of Medical Sciences, since 2015.
- Fellowship, Pain Management, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore, 2012-2013.
- Postgraduate training, Anaesthesia, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai University, 2001-2004.
- Medical Degree, Dr. DY Patil Medical College, Navi Mumbai, India, 2000.