After developing and managing a Palliative Care Team and a County PC Program during 8 years, Dr. Dawidowicz was appointed Head of the National Palliative Care Program, until November 2020.
Advancing Palliative Care by assuring opioid availability, Palliative Care Educational Programs, international and local health policy and regulation are his main interests in order to achieve the vision that every patient in any place of the world should be guarantied the right to receive adequate Palliative Care assistance and access to essential palliative care medication.
- National Cancer Institute. Head of the National Palliative Care Program 2016 – 2020
- Member, Integrate the Ethics Committee, Vicente Lopez Hospital. Buenos Aires 2008-2016
- Director Palliative Care Unit. Vicente Lopez Hospital. 2004-2016
- Founder and Director of “Plan Medico Boulogne” a private health institution that offers 6000 practices every month to scarce resource population. Since 2000.
- Head of the National Palliative Care Program, MOH.
- Installed and promoted PC development strategies in 21 of the 24 Argentinean Provinces
- Scaled to mass production a state owned production of Morphine and Methadone, distributing more than 2 million free tablets nationally every year while addressing all other barriers for accessing opioid medication.
- Palliative Care National Education strategy, training health care workers nationally through specific primary care, nurses, psychologists and pharmacists courses
- Developed the Palliative Care Unit at the Vicente Lopez County Hospital, 2004-1016. Unit associated to the Argentine Program of Palliative Care-Femeba, Recognized Center of Integrated Oncology and Palliative Care by the European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO), 2009-present
Education / Honors
- Graduate, International Palliative Care Leadership Development Initiative, The Institute for Palliative Medicine at San Diego Hospice, San Diego, CA, USA, 2012-Ohio Health 2013
- Internal Medicine Postgraduate Course. Medicine School. Buenos Aires University 2000-2004
- Post-graduate training, Palliative Care, Programa Argentino de Cuidados Paliativos. Universidad de Buenos Aires 2003
- Medicine School, Honour Degree, Buenos Aires University, Argentina 2000
Please Leave a Review or Suggestion