Mary became involved in supportive care in 2000, designing and implementing a grant funded palliative care program. This led to many years in practice and education for large hospice programs, and a large hospital system. She has travelled extensively with Dr. Ferris, highlighting the skills and interdisciplinary components of the nursing role in palliative and hospice care.
- Onsite faculty with Dr. Ferris for programs in Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Georgia, Ukraine, Cyprus, Turkey, Viet Nam, Israel, Mongolia, Slovenia.
- Online faculty for course in Malaysia
Education / Honors
- Board Certified, Advanced- Hospice and Palliative Care Nursing Association
- Board Certified- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Post Masters in Nursing- University of Alabama, Huntsville, 2013
- Masters in Nursing- East Carolina University, 1992
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing- University of Virginia, 1978
- Sigma Theta Tau, Honor Society of Nursing, 1992
- Omicron Delta Kappa, National Leadership Honor Society, 2013