Dr. Marina Calamac has held a medical degree from the Medical School, University of Belgrade, Serbia since 2017. She had been volunteering at the Department of Supportive and Palliative care at the Institute for Oncology and Radiology of Serbia in Belgrade from May 2018 to March 2019, when she was permanently employed at the Daily Hospital Care at the same institution. She is committed to provide care that enables patients to live longer and better by integrating the patient-oriented supportive/palliative care and disease-directed anticancer therapies.
- Resident in medical oncology at the Institute for Oncology and Radiology of Serbia
- Internship in Riga Latvia, Department of Medical Oncology, Pauls Stradins University Clinic
Education / Honors
- Medical degree, University of Belgrade, Serbia, 2011-2017
- Internship, Clinic for Surgical Oncology, Institute for Oncology and Radiology of Serbia, 2016
- Internship, Clinical Hospital Center Zvezdara, Belgrade, Serbia, 2017
- Internship, Department of Medical Oncology, Pauls Stradins University Clinic, Riga, Latvia, 2017
- Internship, Department of Supportive and Palliative care, Institute for Oncology and Radiology of Serbia 2018-2019
- Residency in medical oncology, Institute for Oncology and Radiology of Serbia, 2021
- Member of Serbian Society for Medical Oncology 2018
- Member of European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) 2019
- Member of Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer (MASCC) 2019
- 57th Congress of Students of biomedical sciences in Vrnjačka banja, Serbia, abstract book: M. Čobeljić, M. Čalamać. The influence of diabetes mellitus on clinical picture and therapy of patients with chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP) (2016)
- International Students Congress “ISC” in Graz, Austria, abstract book: M. Čobeljić, M. Čalamać, D. Čule, I. Cvjetković. Retrospective study of influence of diabetes mellitus on clinical picture and treatment response of patients with chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (26-28 May 2016)
- 58th Congress of Students of biomedical sciences in Kopaonik, Serbia, abstract book: M. Čalamać. Sentinel lymph node biopsy in patients with medullary thyroid carcinoma (2017)
- 2nd Regional Congress of Medical Oncology, Arch of Oncology (2019); 25: 30: M. Čalamać, K. Šerović, V. Jokić, et al. Takotsubo cardiomyopathy during chemotherapy in patient with metastatic breast cancer – a case report (2019)
- Section of oncology of Serbian Medical Society 55th Annual Meeting, abstract book: M. Čalamać, Z. M. Tomašević, I. Minić, et al. Radiation-induced angiosarcoma after breast cancer: case series (2019)
- MASCC/ISOO Annual Meeting on Supportive Care in Cancer, Seville, Spain; Direct Collaboration of A Multidisciplinary Tumor Board And Supportive Care Department For Patients With Advanced Cancer. Abstract-Proffered paper, Travel Scholarship Award. Marina D. Čalamać, Fedja Djordjevic, Nataša Lazin, Jelena Dimitrijević, Snezana Bosnjak. (2020/2021)
- Virtual Breast Cancer Preceptorship in Ljubljana, Slovenia. Treatment of metastatic HR positive, HER-2 negative breast cancer-case presentation.15-16 October 2020.
- 17th St. Gallen International Breast Cancer Conference. Long-term trastuzumab treatment in HER2 positive metastatic breast cancer, (e-poster). M.Calamac, I. Minic, Z. Tomasevic, et al. 17-21 March 2021.
- 3rd Regional Congress of Medical Oncology-REKONIO (e-poster); Clinical and pathologic characteristics of patients who underwent BRCA1 and BRCA2 germline mutation testing at the Institute for Oncology and Radiology of Serbia. M. Calamac, A. Krivokuca, I. Minic, et al. 7-9 May 2021, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- ESMO Congress 2021. E-poster: O. Djurmez, M. Calamac, M. Dimitrijevic, et al.Vaccination against SARS-CoV-2 infection in patients with solid tumors: Experience from Institute for Oncology and Radiology of Serbia (IORS).
- ESMO Congress 2021. E-poster. F. Djordjevic, M. Calamac, S. Bosnjak et al. Patients with advanced cancer referred to a supportive care team (SCT) from a Multidisciplinary Tumor Board (MTB): symptom burden and its relationship with MTB treatment decision
- Online 7th ESO-ESMO Eastern Europe and Balkan Region Masterclass in Medical Oncology 2021. Dilemmas in treatment of locally advanced rectal cancer (case-presentation).