Geriatrician, OncoSalud, Lima, Peru
Fellow, International Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program, OhioHealth
Lilian Hidalgo, MD is a Geriatrician at OncoSalud in Lima, Peru. She provides technical assistance on palliative care to healthcare professionals throughout Peru. She is committed to establishing Palliative Care units in Peru’s major hospitals, and is particularly interested in increasing the understanding of palliative care among healthcare professionals in Peru.
- Coordinator of Geriatric Course, School of Medicine, Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas, Lima, Peru
- Chair, Scientific Committee in Spanish, International Palliative Care Network
- Invited Professor, Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, Lima, Peru
- Invited Professor, Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas, Lima, Peru
- Founding Partner and Past President of the Peruvian Naval Medical Corps, the first medical corps in a military institution in Peru
- Vice President, Peruvian Society of Palliative Care
- Head, Palliative Medicine Chapter of the Peruvian Society of Geriatricians
Education / Honors:
- International Visiting Scholar, Institute for Palliative Medicine at San Diego Hospice, 2010
- Post-graduate training, Palliative Care, Gabinete de Asesoramiento y Formación Sanitaria (GAFOS), Canary Islands, Spain, 2006
- Post-graduate training, Palliative Care, Pain and Palliative Care Unit, Instituto Nacional de Enfermedades Neoplásicas, Lima, Peru, 2006
- Fellowship, Geriatrics, Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, Lima, Peru, 1996
- Medical Degree, Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos Medical School, Lima, Peru, 1991
- Hidalgo, L., Fernandez, J., Lisigurski, M., Runzer, F., Ruiz, P. 2010, “Perception of Palliative Care in Patient´s Relatives in a Military Hospital in Lima, Peru”, International Palliative Care Network Poster Exhibition.
- Hidalgo, L., Gomezese, O., Duarte, E., Borges, M. 2012, “International Programs at San Diego Hospice and the Institute for Palliative Medicine: A Personal and Professional Experience,” VI Congress of the Latin American Association of Palliative Care, Curitiba, Brazil.
- Hidalgo, L. 2006, “Portrait of the terminally-ill elderly patient”, XIV National Congress and XXVIII International Course of Internal Medicine, Lima, Peru.
- Hidalgo, L., Fernandez, J., Parodi, J., Godoy, V. 2010, “Medical opinion regarding terminally ill patients. Naval Medical Center “CMST”, V Congress of the Latin-American Association of Palliative Care, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Fernandez, J., Hidalgo, L., Parodi, J., Lisigurski, M. 2008, “Pilot study on the opinion of the care given to the terminally-ill elderly patients at the Geriatric Center of the Naval Medical Center “CMST”, IV Congress of the Latin-American Association of Palliative Care; Congress of the Peruvian Society of Palliative Care, Lima, Peru.
- Hidalgo, L., 1996, “Cerebrovascular disorder of the elderly patient”, First Intercontinental Congress of Gerontologists and Geriatrics of Latin language – Fourth Peruvian Congress of Gerontology and Geriatrics – Third Gerontologic Journey of South Pacific, Lima, Peru.
- Palliative Care in the Elderly Patient- International Palliative Care Network Lecture Series 2011
- Dignity Therapy for International Palliative Care Network- Spanish Conferences, 2012
[…] por: Dra. Lilian Hidalgo Geriatra, subespecialidad en Medicina Paliativa http://www.ipcrc.net/news/lilian-r-hidalgo Vicepresidente Sociedad Peruana de Cuidados Paliativos (www.paliativosperu.org) […]
[…] by: Lilian Hidalgo, MD Geriatrician, palliative care subspecialist http://www.ipcrc.net/news/lilian-r-hidalgo Vice President, Peruvian Society of Palliative Care (www.paliativosperu.org) […]