Dr Kyriakos Stylianides has been practicing palliative care in Cyprus since 2006. His main goal was to make palliative care available for all the patients that they needed it all over Cyprus. He played an important role in establishing a legislation for palliative care in the island. After a lot of effort and many debates he convinced the Ministry of health that palliative care should be part of the national health system and it should be offered to adults and children from the beginning of their diagnosis.
- Honorary medical director of Archangel Michael hospice located in Paphos since 2016
Education / Honors
- Graduated from Ovidius medical University of Constanta in Romania in 1999.
- In the year 2000 preregistration in Larnaca General Hospital.
- In the years 2000-2001 worked as a junior doctor in the bank of Cyprus oncology Centre in Nicosia.
- Between the years 2000-2010 worked as a casualty doctor at Evangelistria private clinic in Nicosia.
- Between the years 2006-2018 worked at the supportive care unit of bank of Cyprus oncology Centre as a palliative care Doctor. During this time I did several courses in palliative care, including essentials in palliative care from Prince Alice Hospice, communication skills course and two months fellowship in San Diego Hospice.
- During the years 2015-2017 post-graduade degree in hospital management at the open university of Cyprus and in November 2017 was awarded the Baschelor Degree of Health Units Management.
- Since November 2018 employed at PASYKAF (Pancyprian association of Cancer Patients and Friends) as the medical director. In March 2019 I spend a month in Ohio state where I was also trained in palliative care for children.