Dr Kabindra is interested in spreading the message of Palliative care among masses & health care workers of North-Eastern India, where the incidence of cancer is among the highest in India but provision of Palliative care service is very scarce. He has conducted workshops, seminars, trainings in Palliative care in the North-Eastern states and was instrumental in program implementation on Palliative care.
- National Faculty Member of Indian Association Palliative Care for Certificate Course in Palliative Care.
- Project Collaborator of Home Based Palliative Care Service, BBCI.
- Consultant for Pratishruti Cancer & Palliative Care Trust, Dibrugarh.
- Conducting the Course ‘One year certificate course in Palliative Medicine’ since 2011 in BBCI.
- Previous Treasurer of Indian Association Palliative Care 2005 to 2008
- Previous Executive Member of Indian Association Palliative Care 2008-2012 and 2014-2016
- Involved in teaching of Doctors, Nurses, Social Workers and Volunteers of different parts of North East India in BBCI as well as in different parts of North East.
Education / Honors
- Award of Appreciation presented by Director of Dr B Borooah Cancer Institute, Guwahati for valuable contribution in the field of Palliative Medicine on 69th Republic Day of India, 2018.
- Attended Seminar in Pediatric Palliative Care in Cancer and Aids in Salzburg, Austria 2007.
- Attended Seminar in Psychiatric Aspects of Palliative Care in Salzburg, Austria 2009.
- MSc in Palliative Medicine from Cardiff University 2019
- PGDM (Palliative Care) from Edith Cowan University, Perth 2003
- Medical degree from Gauhati University, India 1995