Iulia Bora is known as a promoter of palliative care services in Neamt County, in the north-eastern area of Romania. Her name is related with education in schools of nurses and in Roman Emergency Hospital in best practices in nursing. Moreover, she managed to be involved in a fundraising for developing a modern unit of palliative care at this hospital.
For about 20 years, her name was linked to general practice in this area, but she used to practice discreetly palliative medicine faraway from Roman, in Palimed Hospital from Podu Turcului, a private hospital in a small village, where dr.Iulia Bora developed a palliative care unit with 12 beds for adults. Between 2014-2016 in Podu Turcului and between 2016-2018, as medical director of Hospice Lumina from Bacau, she trained a very competitive team in pediatric palliative care which was equipped with 15 beds for children with life-limiting diseases.
In 2018, after passing an exam at Institute of Oncology in Iasi, she became, out of the blue, the head of Palliative Care at Roman Emergency Hospital, a GP with experience in building teams of palliative care. Back in those days, this medical speciality was not commonly practiced in Neamt County. The evolution was impressive because, in one year an half, Palliative Care Unit became the most modern unit in this hospital, with an amazing policy of fundraising. Everyone from the area was talking about this unit and about the services of care provided by palliative care team from Roman Emergency Hospital.
The secret dream of Dr. Bora was to teach each employee in the hospital that the future of medical services is based on holistic assessment because all the patients and caregivers need the entire attention of every medical worker. At that moment she thought that her personal model of practice was enough, but in January 2021, an unexpected proposal came from head of the hospital. She took the opportunity and became the medical director of Roman Emergency Hospital. Dr Bora Iulia aspires to become a better version of herself, in terms of medical knowledge now that she has another great responsibility to deal with!
- Medical Director of Roman Emergency Hospital
- Head of Palliative Care Unit, Roman Emergency Hospital
- Teacher at Moldova School of nurses, Roman ,Neamt County, Romania
- Hospital assessor
- Past Medical Director at Hospice Lumina, Bacau, Bacau County
- Past Head of Palliative Care Unit at Palimed Hospital, Podu Turcului, Bacau County
- Retired General Practice
- Lecturing ”Servicies of palliative care in Roman area in 2018-2019”,Roman Emergency Hospital Days; Roman, mai 2019
- Lecturing” Needs of Palliative Care in General Practice”, Primary care-the main component of health care in Ukraine;19-20.05.2021, Kiev
Education / Honors
- 2021-PhD student in Geriatry and Geronthology
- 2020-hospital assessor
- 2018- diploma of specialist in geriatrics and gerontology
- 2018-diploma of specialist in Homeopathy
- 2017-fellow OMI, Salzburg
- 2017-fellow QUELCA Course “Train the trainer”, London
- 2017-diploma of specialist in Health services management
- 2015-diploma of specialist in General Ultrasonography
- 2014-diploma of permanent teacher al school of nurses
- 2014-diploma of specialist in Palliative Care
- 2013-diploma of specialist in General Practice
- 2009-2011-Postgraduate Course in teaching
- 2011-diploma of trainer
- 2011-diploma in Management of quality
- 1996-Medical Degree- University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Targu Mures, Romania
Please Leave a Review or Suggestion