Physician, Palliative Care Unit, Cancer Prevention Center, Tbilisi, Georgia
Fellow, International Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program, OhioHealth
Dr. Metivishvili is a physician, providing palliative care in the Palliative Care unit of the National Cancer Center. Prior to this post, he worked as a surgeon oncologist at the National Cancer Center. He teaches palliative care issues at Tbilisi State Medical University. Dr. Metivishvili is a member of the European Society for Medical Oncology.
Education / Honors:
- ESMO Palliative Care Fellowship, Rambam Medical Center, Department of Oncology, Haifa, Israel, 2011
Family Medicine Residency, Tbilisi Family Medicine Clinical and Training Center, 2011
- Open Society Foundation Seminar in Palliative Care for Cancer Patients, Salzburg Open Medical Institute, September 26-October 2, 2010
- Oncology Residency, Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU), 2004-2008
- Doctor of Medicine, Faculty of General Medicine, Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU), 1996-2002
- G. Abesadze, I. Abesadze, M. Savdia, R. Gvamichava, G. Metivishvili, N. Shavdia. (September 20-24, 2009). Cancer patients and distribution of information regarding the diagnoses. ECCO ESMO Multidisciplinary Congress, Berlin.
- R. Gvamichava, I. Abesadze, M. Savdia, G. Metivishvili. (2007). The First Experience of Palliative Care for Cancer Patients in Georgia. European Journal of Palliative Care, p 112.
- R. Gvamichava, I. Abesadze, M. Savdia, G. Metivishvili, T. Aroshidze. (September 28 – October 1, 2006). Our Experience of Special Palliative Care of Onco-Incurable Patients. IV Meeting of Oncologists and Radiologists of IRU, Baku.
- M. Shavdia, R. Gvamichava, I. Abesadze , T. Aroshidze, G. Metivishvili, G. Khachaxidze, N. Shavdia. (2006). Symptom Prevalence in Patients with Advanced Cancer. Experimental and Clinical Medicine, 27, 60-64.
- I. Abesadze , M. Shavdia T. Aroshidze, G. Metivishvili, (June 2-4, 2005). Gastrointestinal tract symptom control by palliative care of cancer patients. VIII International Eurasian Congress of Surgeons and Gastroenterologists, Tbilisi.
Please Leave a Review or Suggestion