Gerla Koleci is the hematologist and has worked as home care doctor in Palliative Care Service since 2004. Recognizing very well the organization of primary healthcare structures, she became familiar with home-based service as she was the head of home-care services at “MaryPotter” Palliative Care Center , Korca, Albania, ever since.
Gerla has worked hard as part of the staff, for the dissemination of PC throughout Albania, for the development of PC services and also for the education of future generations of PC nurses. Being a part time professor at Nursing Faculty of Korca’s University she has educated hundred of nursing students as leaders in PC service.
Gerla is developing some strategies toward PC as a holistic service, creating a multidisciplinary PC team to serve the terminally ill in the best possible way.
- Home care doctor in “Mary Potter” PC centre Korce, Albania since, 2004
- Teacher in Nursing School “F.S.Noli”, University, Korçë, ALBANIA , 2004 – actually
- Trainer and coordinator for all training programs organized by ‘’Family Healthcare Association’’. 2007- 2020
- Trainer in the ELNEC Training, “Nursing in Palliative Care”, Pogradec, ALBANIA – 2015
- Trainer in the training program “Provision of Internship for Home Based Care services to Home Care Teams of 8 HCs in Albania, organized and funded by HAP -2020
- Director of services in “Mary Potter” palliative care center, Korce, Albania\
- Member of :
- APCA- Albanian Palliative Care Association
- MASCC – Multinational Association of Supportive Care Cancer
- BUON – Balkan Union of Oncology
- ESMO – European Society of Medical Oncology
- IAHPC – International Association for Hospice and Palliative Care
- Graduated as General Practitioner, Medical Faculty, Tirana University, Albania, 1991-1997
Education / Honors
- Specialized as Hematologist “University Hospital Center “Nene Tereza”, Tirane, Albania, 2000 – 2003
- Fellowship ” Internal Medicine”, Department of Internal Medicine, Graz- 2003
- Fellowship ” Internal Medicine”, Department of Internal Medicine, Graz- 2009
- Co – author in the publication of the Abstract “Education is as well a promotion in providing qualified Palliative Care (PC) service for all people in need – Published in the abstract book of EAPC 2017, in the 16th World Congress of Palliative Care held 18- 20 May 2017, Madrid, Spain.
- Co – author in the Abstract “Palliative care in patients who are not aware of their diagnosis” – Published in the abstract book of EAPC 2015, in the 14th World Congress of Palliative Care held in 8-10 May 2015, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Co – author of the Abstract “Birth and development of Palliative Care in Korce” presented in the 5th Congress of BUON, Belgrade, October 2004.
- Co – author of the Abstract “Cancer of upper ways of breathing and skin cancer in some haemopathies”, November 2002
- Co – author of the Abstract “Malignant haemopathies following cancer”, November 2002
- Co – author of the Abstract ”Agranulocytosis from antithyroidients”, presented in the 10th Medical – Surgical Conference, 2002.
- Co – author of the Abstract “Infection in LA”, presented in the 11th Medical – Surgical Conference, 2002
Please Leave a Review or Suggestion