Clinical Director, Hospice Africa Uganda, Kampala, Uganda
Fellow, International Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program, OhioHealth
Eddie Mwebesa, MD is Clinical Director at Hospice Africa Uganda in Kampala, Uganda. He provides clinical care to patients and provides mentoring and support to members of the palliative care team. Eddie is involved in efforts to increase morphine production within his organization and in Uganda, and has a special interest in furthering the philosophy and practice of palliative care in Uganda and Africa.
- Honorary Lecturer, Makerere University,Kampala, Uganda
- Honorary Lecturer, Mbarara University,Mbarara, Uganda
- Instructor, BSc Degree in Palliative Care, Institute for Palliative Medicine for Africa
- Senior Management Team, Hospice Africa Uganda
- International Programs Directorate, Hospice Africa Uganda
- Eddie is championing operational research projects through Hospice Africa Uganda’s Research Agenda Initiative.
Education / Honors:
- Master of Science, Public Health, International Health Sciences University, Kampala, Uganda, expected 2012
- International Visiting Scholar, Institute for Palliative Medicine at San Diego Hospice, 2010
- Master of Medicine, Internal Medicine, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda, 2009
- Bachelor of Surgery, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda, 2002
- Bachelor of Medicine, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda, 2002
- Mwebesa, E. 2011, “Difficult Clinical Situations”, Palliative Care Association of Uganda Conference.
- Global Access to Pain Relief Initiative, GAPRI: Treat the Pain: Nurse in the House video www.ipcrc.net/news/category/treat-the-pain
- Blog for the Nurse in the House video: www.treatthepain.com/nurse-patient%E2%80%99s-home-africa
Please Leave a Review or Suggestion