Medical Director, Cipla Palliative Care and Training Centre, Pune, India
Dr. Priyadarshini Kulkarni is the Medical Director at Cipla Palliative Care and Training Centre, Pune, India. She heads a team of Doctors, Nurses, Medical Social workers and Volunteers that provides holistic palliative care to cancer patients, free of cost. This centre provides inpatient, outpatient and homecare services.
Dr Kulkarni also initiates training programs at the centre for professionals from various walks of life, including new members of the team, especially in the areas of pain management, symptom control and counselling. She is committed to establish palliative services all over Maharashtra State.
Download and Read Priyadarshini’s Personal Story (421 KB)
- Consultant, Palliative Care Medicine, Sahyadri Specialty Hospital, Pune, India
- Secretary, Maharashtra Chapter, Indian Association of Palliative Care (IAPC)
- Certified Teacher, EPEC India curriculum
- Secretary, Maharashtra State Chapter of Indian Association Of Palliative Care
- Past, Core Committee Member, Indian Association of Palliative Care
- Led an initiative for developing software for Cipla Centre to provide better data management and build a database for future research activities
Education / Honors:
- International Palliative Care Leadership Development Initiative Diploma, San Diego, CA USA, Cohort 1, 2010-2011
- Scholarship for BCCPM course, a WHO-recognized course at Calicut, Kerala, India
- Training in Tata Memorial Hospital, Bombay, in Pain & Palliative Medicine, 2001
- Lien Foundation Fellowship, APHN Diploma in Palliative Medicine
- Commonwealth scholarship for MSc, Palliative Medicine, Cardiff University, UK
- Fellowship from International Association for Study of Pain
- Clinical Fellowship, National Cancer Center, Singapore
- Certificate in Health (Pal C), Flinders University, Australia
- Hospital-based Palliative Care: A case for integrating care with cure. Indian Journal of Palliative Care. Year: 2011 | Volume: 17 | Issue: 4 | Page: 74-76
- Use of Turmeric and Curds in Fungating Wounds; Asia Pacific Hospice Care Conference, Jan 2005
- Management of Maggots in Cancer Wounds, IJPC Dec 2004
- Use of Hydrocortisone Enema for per Rectal Bleeding in Cancer Patients – IAPC, Chandigarh Conference, 2004
- Role of Palliative Care in HIV/AIDS, Bharati Deemed University, January 2012
- Hospital Based Palliative Care – Need for Development of Palliative Care Services in India, APHN conference, Penang, Malaysia, July 2011 (Poster)
- Technology Boost for Efficient Palliative Care Services at International Conference of Indian Association of Palliative Care, Trichy, India, February 2010
- Prescribing Analgesics in Children, International Conference of Pediatric Palliative Care arranged by CHI international, Sept 2007
- Holistic Approach of Pain Management, ISSP Pain Conference, Jan 2005
- Training Govt. Officials in Palliative Care, IAPC, Chandigarh Conference, Jan 2004
What an accomplishment Dr. Priyadarshini..!
This requires person to be highly human, compassionate and huge patience. You have created a new domain! We, at Dr. Hedgewar Hospital , are proud of you..! May God give you all the strength to serve ailing patients more and more!
Dr. Anant Pandhare
Excellent work , commitment towards society. Very motivating for the common people to contribute.
Great, we r proud of u….madam!
Great achievement ! I must thank Yash for sharing her sister with me! It is very nice to know you & your work. I wish All The Very Best
(yashswini’s friend & member of SJM)
realy we r proud of u thanks the GOD to give such a friend.
PRIYA I wish u a healthy long life for this noble cause!!!!!
always Proud of you Way to Go
Yippee Priya, Kudos!!!!!! always have admired you for your zeal and passion, perseverance and dedication, from the time we have met a decade ago.
Here i would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your friendship both on personal level and on the cancer mission level.
Your work will always be an inspiration for many, so keep it up… Cheers to your husband, family, your mentors for being such a strong support.
Keep on with the care beyond cancer as there are still… miles to go under the blue skies
It has been an honour to know you and work with you over the past many years. Your warmth, humility, and dedication is a constant encouragement for all cadres of staff working in the field of palliative care.
I wish you every success in the future to scale greater heights, and continue to spread your message far and wide.
Hi Priya, Great Acheivements. I will still reiterate that you start writing a book on your experiences. Recalling them after few years becomes difficult. All best wishes ever. Proud of You!!!
Dear Dr.Priya,if we VMMCites go back 20 yrs could one deduce that the genesis of a pathfinder began then? We all are immensely proud of you. Only what domain you and your dedicated team tirelessly work could reach many more medical professionals… But that apart, your achievements stand tall in health CARE!! May god bless you in all your future endeavors and give you the strength to provide healing touch which everyone needs at some point of time.. Good speed and God bless.
It has been wonderful to see you grow and prosper in your work, and be able to deliver such excellent care to those who need it the most. You have our full support and best wishes from Australia.
May God give you a long and fruitful life so that you continue to help people. What ever little I can do for you, will be my good fortune.
Congratulations Priya on your great achievements in the field of palliative medicine. You have diverse experience at many places and strong committment which will benefit all the the projects that you undertake in future.best wishes, Vinaya Bhagwat (aurangabad)
It is nice to work under learned and able leader. I completed 26 years of anaesthesia practice and was willing to have a cool job. This was an absolutely new field and palce for me. She has guided not only in the subject, But also to overcome the hurdles in day to day activities.We all from the institute wish you, lot of achievements for coming future.i wish the institute caters the society with excellent palliative care under you and guidence of Iyyer Sir.
Its wonderful to read your story Priya and to have been part of your learning journey as you studied the Graduate Certificate from Flinders University in Singapore. It was a priviledge to be your teacher.
Priya, you are an inspiration and a delight! I am so glad you are now teaching others and sharing your skills and knowledge.
our love and continuing support from all of us at Flinders University.
This is great achievement Priya! I am so proud of you and your success over the years. I wish you best and all your dreams come true in your future journey!
I am so lucky to have a friend like you. Hema.
excellent Work no doubt abt ur devotion & u are meant for the same all the best………………………………… ………………………………………
Priya , congratulations for the wonderful narration of your story . U have rightly focused on your goal and carved a NICHE for yourself in the field of Palliative care . I am very happy that the dream of a small 11 yrold girl has come alive!!!.feels so good to have u as a dear friend .