CEO, Guwahati Pain & Palliative Care Society, India
Dr. Dinesh Chandra Goswami is working to improve end of life care and increasing the availability of palliative care services in India. He continues to train and provide education in the area of palliative medicine and increase the availability of opioid’s in his country.
Download and Read Dinesh’s Personal Story (250 KB)
- Consultant, Sacred Heart Hospital, Guwahati
- Consultant in Nightingale Hospital and Central Nursing Home, Guwahati
- Member of the National Task Force for WHO Project in Palliative care in India
- National Faculty for Education and Training in Palliative Care of IAPC
- Presented paper & poster at EAPC, Prague, 2013
- Presented poster at Indian Cancer congress, New Delhi in Nov, 2013
- Presented paper on Dignity psychotherapy at 19th International Congress on Palliative care, Montreal in October 2012
- Board member of Indian Association of Palliative Care, Current
- Past Secretary of Indian Association of Palliative Care, 2005-2008
- Past Board member of Asia Pacific hospice Network, 2006-2008
- Organized National conference of Palliative Care in Guwahati, 2005
Education / Honors:
- Graduate, International Palliative Care Leadership Development Initiative, The Institute for Palliative Medicine at San Diego Hospice, San Diego, CA, and OhioHealth, Columbus, Ohio, USA, 2012-2014
- Developing country scholar for AAHPM assembly, 2013 in New Orleans, USA
- Blog: www.palliativecarene.wordpress.com
- Effecting change in attitude of professional & public through my blog (My Pal care blog-net) & www.dineshchandragoswamiblogspot.inTelevision talk on July 2013 (http://youtu.be/ukVojmSkwuEhttp://youtu.be/ukVojmSkwuE)
- Recipient of UICC APCASOT Fellowship, 2012
- Graduate Certificate in Palliative Care from Flinders University, Australia, 2008
- MD in Anesthesiology from Guwahati Medical College, 1988
- A journey Towards Hospice Care, Journal of Pain & Palliative Care Pharmacotherapy 2012:26:57-58
- A Reflective Study of Symptom Management in Terminal Cancer, Journal of Pain & Palliative Care Pharmacotherapy 2012;26:274-277
- Understanding Self-awareness in Palliative Care, Journal of Pain & Palliative Care Pharmacotherapy, 2013, 27:1-3
- Books: Goswami DC, Bora H. (2005) Communication in Cancer Care.
- Guwahati. Guwahati Pain and Palliative Care Society.
- Goswami DC. (2011) Palliative Cancer Care. Guwahati Lakshmi Prakashan.
- Presented lecture on ‘Challenges in offering Spiritual Care’ in IAPC Conference in Bhubaneswar in Feb, 2014
- Palliative Care and Self-awareness. Clinical Society Cancer Institute, Guwahati, India, May 2011.
- Dignity Therapy-alternative way to manage collusion at the end of life. IAPC National Conference in Trichy, India, February, 2010.
- Management of Transition from Curative to Palliative – Indian Experience. APHN Conference, Perth, Australia, September, 2009
- Membership of International Association of Hospice and Palliative Care
- Membership of Indian Assoc of Palliative Care
- Activity reports with: www.palliumindia.org; www.assamfoundation.net
- Link to the book, Palliative Cancer Care
- Guwahati Pain & Palliative Care Society, India, www.palliativecarene.org
Good work, Dinesh. Proud of you. Keep it up.
Love to all.