Dilshod Egamberdiyev is one of the frontiers in cancer control development in Uzbekistan. The term of palliative care and hospices were firstly highlighted in normative documents of Uzbekistan in presidential decree # 2866 “Further development of oncological sphere and enhancing cancer care for the people of Uzbekistan”. Since palliative care is something new, Uzbekistan is repeating the loop of history, where oncologists lobby the palliative and hospice care.
With his team, during the past 4 years he achieved opening palliative care departments within cancer centers throughout Uzbekistan and initiated building 4 hospices throughout Uzbekistan.
The well-known fact that buildings and structures are not going to have proper functioning without improving capacity and human resources. Therefore, Palliative care team have put the strengthening the educational potential as priority number one.
Since palliative care is something new in the sphere of Uzbekistan, Dr. Dilshod and his team is really hoping on international cooperation and support in building sustained palliative care system.
- HPB oncology department oncologist – consultant. National Cancer Center of Uzbekistan.
- National Cancer Control Program working group member / Early Detection and Screening group coordinator. National Cancer Center of Uzbekistan 2016 – 2018
- Academic secretary / Abdominal oncology department part time researcher. National Cancer Center of Uzbekistan. 14.10.2013 – 04.09.2018
- Head of International department / Abdominal oncology department part time researcher. National Cancer Center of Uzbekistan. 02.03.2009 – 14.10.2013
- Graduate school researcher (aspirant). Tashkent Medical Academy, Oncology and Radiology department, Tashkent, Uzbekistan. 01.03.2006 – 01.03.2009
- Medical Oncologist. Family policlinic # 42, Tashkent, Uzbekistan. 01.10.2005 – 01.03.2006
- Doctor on duty. National Cancer Center of Uzbekistan. 01.11.2003 –01.09.2005
- General Practitioner. Ishtikhan Regional Hospital, Samarkand, Uzbekistan. 01.07.2003 – 01.10.2003
- Consultancy the second phase of the project for Development Of Oncology Services In Uzbekistan (UZB1021) Islamic Development Bank 2020
- Incumbent /National Professional Officer, Childhood and Cervical Cancers. EU_UZB WHO Country Office, Uzbekistan 2019 – 2020
- National expert in Cancer control\ WHO and MoH UZB joint program – Development of pilot social health insurance program. EU_UZB WHO Country Office, Uzbekistan 2019
- National expert on Availability of Anticancer Drugs in Uzbekistan Medicines Patent Pool 2018
- National consultant – First WHO and UN Joint Global Program on Cervical Cancer Prevention and Control in Uzbekistan EU_UZB WHO Country Office, Uzbekistan 2017-2020
- Coordinator of the EU Horizon 2020 Rise project Grant (Uzbekistan part) – LungCARD H2020-MSCA-RISE-2016 – Research and Innovation Staff Exchange 2016-2020
- Coordinator of the National concept framework and programme in line with WHO recommendations on comprehensive cancer prevention and control. EU_UZB WHO Country Office, Uzbekistan 2016
Education / Honors
- International Visiting Fellowship. National Cancer Center Korea. 20.01.2019 – 20.07.2019
- EU Horizon 2020 Rise project training course on “PC9 cells growth and genotyping by multiplex PCR and Next generation Sequencing using the Minion”. StabVIDA, Caparica Portugal February 2018 – March 2018
- IARC course on “Implementing Cancer Prevention and Early Detection“. IARC Summer school, Lyon, France 19-23 June 2017
- UICC Webinar master course on “Cancer Control Planning and Implementation“. UICC congress, Paris, France. May 2016 – February 2016
- Molecular Cancer Prevention and Control Course. National Cancer Institute, Washington DC, USA 17.02.2014 – 01.03.2014
- 07.07.2014 – 01.08.2014 Principles and Practice of Cancer Prevention and Control Course National Cancer Institute, Washington DC, USA
- Training Course on “Modern aspects of Gastric cancer diagnostics and treatment“. Tashkent Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education, Tashkent, Uzbekistan 17.02.2014 – 01.03.2014
- Academic Status – PhD. National Cancer Center of Uzbekistan (Diploma). 2012
- Observership Attachment in Medical Oncology. Johns Hopkins Singapore International Medical Centre, Singapore. 01.02.2012 – 10.02.2012
- Aspirantura (graduate school researcher). Tashkent Medical Academy, Uzbekistan. Major: gastric cancer. 2006- 2009
- Master degree: Clinical Ordinate (postgraduate course of specialization in oncology). National Cancer Center of Uzbekistan (Certificate). 2003- 2005
- Academic Status – MD. 2003
- MD: Undergraduate student – Samarkand State Medical Institute, Treatment faculty. Samarkand, Uzbekistan (Diploma). 1996 – 2003
Please Leave a Review or Suggestion