Dr Avinash is first specialist palliative care physician of his region, particularly in advocacy of palliative care with education ,research and training of health care professionals, the other key area of interest are EOLC, Palliative care in Sickle Cell Disease and ESRD.
- Ex-Senior Resident ,Department of Palliative Medicine ,TMH Mumbai ,Maharastra
- Currently Unit Lead for Palliative and Supportive Medicine , Department of Medical Oncology AIIMS ,Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- State Faculty for National Health Mission ,National Program for Palliative Care
- Integrated special clinic for palliative care in Sickle Cell Disease in Rural India .
- Grant for 16th World Congress of the European Association of Palliative care(EAPC) – International
- Conference, Berlin Germany – May 2019.
- Oral presentation 26th International Conference of Indian Association of Palliative Care
- International conference , Kochi, Kerala- February 2019
- Poster presentation in Indian Association of Palliative Care International conference,AIIMS
- New Delhi February 2018.
Education / Honors
- Degree-Granting Education
- Maharastra University of Health Sciences Nashik ,M.B.B.S. (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
- Tata Memorial Centre, Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai, India, MD (Doctor of Medicine)
- Clinical Internship, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Sewagram, Wardha
- Maharashtra ,2014-2015.
- Clinical Residency, Palliative Medicine, Tata Memorial Centre, Homi Bhabha National Institute,
- Mumbai, India, 2017-2020
- Other certification
- Certificate course ECHO Pediatric Palliative Care under Two Worlds cancer collaboration Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa and Hyderabad Center for
- Palliative Care, April 2019 – July 2020.