Dr. Csikos graduated from Pecs University Medical School and specialized in Family Medicine and Palliative Care. She trained and worked internationally in the US, England and Spain. She is passionate about developing and improving palliative care locally and globally through clinical care, education and research.
Dr. Csikos is Director of Institute of Primary Health Care at University of Pecs Medical School. She established the first Department of Palliative Care in the country. She is an Associate Professor at the University of Pecs Medical School, where she teaches medical, nursing and pharmacy students and residents, CME participants and Ph.D. students.
Dr. Csikos initiated the establishment Pecs-Baranya Hospice Program in 2004 providing home hospice care regionally. She provides direct patient care in various clinical settings and provides palliative care consults. She leads and participates in national and international research programs. She loves to teach symptom management and pain control, psychosocial and spiritual aspects of care, and emphasizes education of the “multidisciplinary team” approach. She is committed to introduce palliative care education as an obligatory part of the medical and nursing training programs.
- Board member of Worldwide Hospice Palliative Care Alliance
- Invited country representative of the EAPC Primary Care Reference Group
- President of the National Hospice-Palliative Advisory Board of the Ministry of Health
- President of the Pecs-Baranya Hospice Program
- Board member of the Hungarian Hospice-Palliative Care Association
- Board member of Hungarian Pain Society
- Member of the editorial board of the Journal of Palliative Medicine
Dr. Csikos was a pioneer to introduce new forms of palliative care services in Hungary.
- Institute Director of Institute of Primary Health Care at University of Pecs Medical School
- Established the Department of Hospice-Palliative Care at University of Pecs Medical School
- First hospice-palliative care academic program in the country.
- Palliative Care Outpatient Clinic at University of Pecs Medical School, Department of Oncology
- First university palliative care outpatient clinic in the country.
- Pecs-Baranya Hospice Program Quality Certification
- Quality Assurance Certification ISO9001
- Initiated the World Hospice and Palliative Care Day and Fields of Dignity Programs at Pecs, Hungary
- Established Pecs-Baranya Hospice Program, providing specialized home hospice care in 71 locations in the region of Baranya County